Monday, June 1, 2020

My review of Fractured Diamond by Jane Blythe

Diamond Hatcher's life turned upside down when she was sold at 18 years old along with her sister's by their parents and she was sold to a man who kept her captive in his house in a secret room behind his and his wife's closet.

Now 9 years later she is free but still has many memories from that time. When someone uses one of her paintings at the scene of a murder she is once again afraid and wonders who would want to hurt her. Investigating the crimes is Detective Elijah Newton who has had feelings for Diamond for many years but due events in his own personal life he hasn't gotten involved with Diamond. His partner is Sapphire, who is Diamond's younger sister who knows that both Diamond and Elijah have feelings for the other.

Can Elijah keep his mind focused on the case when he is trying to keep Diamond safe while still trying to focus on his personal life as well?

This is another awesome book in the series and I am loving this author and all of the books that she writes!

I love all of the sisters and I liked that Diamond was the oldest of the sister's had been held captive in a weird situation as she was in a house but hidden in a secret room. She was finally rescued in a situation that had nothing to do with her. She managed to do some healing and found solace in painting and she had become a graphic designer but she has never fully gotten over what she went through, obviously.

In Sapphire's book we are first introduced to her partner, Det Elijah Newton and we knew back then that he and Diamond had feelings for one another but nothing had happened since the end of the book. In this book we discover why and we see the stress that Elijah is in with what was happening in his personal life and now having to figure out who is after Diamond.

The chemistry between Elijah and Diamond is through out this book but there is still a lot at stake and I understood why Elijah was worried about what Lisa could do. That being said I was so happy when he finally opened up to Diamond about what he was going through and I thought it was about time! I was mad at Elijah's mom for how she treated Diamond and I wondered how the two were going to get through it.

At a certain part I thought I put it all together with a certain slip up by one of the characters and I was right and it wasn't too long before things were revealed and I must say that I was surprised by things for sure. It made me laugh that one character was "holding off" with certain things because of the age yet had no problem with their actions of revenge. The selfishness of one certain character blew my mind and she had no sense and reason to lash out as it was certainly directed at the wrong person.

The very end was great and I can't wait for what's in store with these characters!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment