Sunday, June 16, 2019

Grandma's Sloppy Joes

So we have had a bit of a stove issue lately and we are patiently waiting for the "appliance" guy to come in and fix it. In the meantime we are trying to alter recipes so we can eat home cooked meals without needing a stove. Oh, and did I mention somehow my lid for the instant pot has gone missing?? I don't even have a clue on how that happens as it is not small enough to hide anywhere.

So I don't have a stove nor can I use my instant properly so we are very limited to what we can cook. I decided to make Sloppy Joes using the saute feature on the instant pot but without being able to pressurize it.

This was a great recipe to try it with and I am very pleased with how they turned out.

Now I didn't have enough meat as I picked this recipe at the last second so I decided to add celery in addition to the green pepper and onion. This was so good and I was super happy with how everything came together!

This is a recipe I would definitely make again!

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/grandmas-sloppy-joes-32522?scaleto

No comments:

Post a Comment