Friday, June 15, 2018

My review of Dark Heart of the Sun by S.K. Ryder

Cassidy Chandler is done with her relationship with fiance Jackson Striker. She is tired of him not sticking up for her with his family. She decides to find her own place from a rental agency and begins work as a budding reporter for the Orchard Breeze Gazette.

Dominic Marchant is surprised to find a woman living in his house. He has had his own difficult past and soon he meets Serge who becomes a mentor for him.

When Cassidy's past relationships with Jackson comes back to interfere with her life and Dominic. Yet there are things about Jackson that she had no idea about and soon she sees a different side of him.

Can Dominic and Cassidy protect each other from what they are up against?

This is a good introduction to the series with some great twists and turns to keep the reader wanting to know what happens next.

I really liked Cassidy and I was super proud of her for leaving a bad relationship. That being said there was so much she didn't know about the Striker family and why she had to be careful about how far they were willing to go to protect their secrets. I loved how dedicated she was to her job and how she wasn't about to let her work "bullies" get in her way.

Dominic was very mysterious and I was very interested in his past and how he became what he was. I liked how his relationship with Serge changed and evolved into almost a mentor-ship. I loved how protective he was over Cassidy and vowed to keep her safe from any threats.

I was shocked at what happened with the Striker Family and I was blown away by the incident on the plane and everything that occurred on it. I was not surprised at what Dominic was willing to do to keep Cassidy safe.

The end kept me intrigued for sure and I like how it all turned out!

4 Stars

1 comment: