Monday, June 25, 2018

My review of Almost Impossible by Nicole Williams

Jade Abbott is finally going to have a "normal" summer when she decides to spend her summer with her Aunt Julie and her family while her mom goes on an international tour with her rock band. She gets a job at the local pool as a concession worker and is surprised to meet a very handsome guy sleeping in his truck. But Jade also has another reason for wanting to go to California and that is to meet her dad whom she has never met before.

Quentin Ford's family recently moved to town and he is the head lifeguard at the pool and also ends up being the next door neighbor to Aunt Julie. He spends most of his time at the pool or being at home with his siblings and taking care of them for his parents.

As Jade tries to live a "normal" teen life she finds herself at odds with Julie over what she can and can't do. When she gets caught sneaking out with Quentin things change all of a sudden and now Julie isn't sure anymore if this is the kind of life she is after as everyone around her seems to have secrets.

This was a great book and I really enjoyed it.

Jade was such a great character and I really understood why she had difficulty understanding the guidelines that Julie had in place when she was so used to being on tour with her mom and having so much freedom.

Quentin was interesting and I liked the mystery surrounding him although I had it figure it out by 30%. He had swagger and I loved that he was a good kid but I knew there was more than what met the eye.

I was totally shocked at the blow up over getting caught sneaking out but more by Quentin than anyone else. I loved that Jade still had his back and was able to help him through his next emergency after that.

I was completely shocked with everything that happened with Anarchy Artists and Jade is so better off without anything regarding that! That being said I loved at how her mom always seemed to know when she needed her, even though they were a world away.

I was not shocked at all when everything went sideways again with everything being out in the open but I loved what both Quentin and Jade's mom did. The end was great and I look forward to more from the author!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment