Saturday, June 23, 2018

My review of As Right as Rain by J.M. Maurer

Makayla Reading is the new meteorologist in town and she hopes this is her big break to make something of herself. Although she definitely has her work cut out for her with her new boss Ed Richardson.

Eli Barringer is the cameraman who is assigned to Makayla and when they meet sparks fly. Makyala is scared to get involved with Eli with mixing work and pleasure but she soon discovers that she can't stay away from him.

Makayla soon learns the type of boss that Ed Richardson really is and she must decide what she wants to do with her life and when Eli is transferred to Cincinnati to spite her will she give up or keep fighting?

I had first read this story in Code Redhead but this one is longer and has some changes.

I really liked Makayla and was interested to see what was going to happen to her this time and see what changes the author had in store for us. She has still naive in a way but at the same time you could see the influence her mom had on her and she was properly prepared to handle what came her way at the end. I liked that she truly saw the validity in what her work was and I loved how she stopped at the accident and I felt awful for how Ed treated her after that.

I really liked Eli and the conversations he had with Makayla. I loved their trip to Oklahoma and how he got to see a whole other side of Makayla. I was so mad at what happened to him and his job but then I was a little mad at him after that for not keeping in contact with Makayla.

The end was great although I really wish we could have gotten closure on what happened with Ed.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment