Thursday, February 22, 2018

My review of Spark by S.L. Scott

Jet Crow is a small town rockstar who meets the girl of his dreams at a bar but then in the morning she is gone. But then she unexpectedly returns months later to tell him that he has a son, from her cousin Cassie. Now Jet must prove that he wants to take care of his son and be a good father to him.

Hannah Nichols never meant to fall for Jet Crow the night they met but now she must prove that she is a better guardian for Alfie, the son of her cousin Cassie. She must prove her loyalty to her family by proving that Jet is not capable of taking care of Alfie.

But soon Hannah remembers why she fell for Jet and she must decide if she is doing what is in Alfie's best interest. When Jet has a chance of making music in LA, he must figure out how he can have Alfie in his life while following his own dreams.

This was such a good book and I loved the hard choices that had to be made by both Jet and Hannah which led them to figure out what they needed in their lives.

I loved how Jet stood up to his responsibilities the moment he learned about Alfie and how he genuinely was upset that he missed the first 6 years of his life. He truly wanted to be the best father he could be for Alfie but at the same time his band was gaining attention and he was torn.

I liked Hannah right from the beginning and I knew how much she loved Alfie but I loved how she began to see everything differently as the story went on and she learned some things about how Cassie truly felt about Jet and the problems with Cassie's mom, Eileen.

Alfie was just awesome and I liked how he was aware of so much more than what everyone gave him credit for. He knew in his heart that he already loved Jet from what he was told about him and it really made me happy.

I really enjoyed how Jet and Hannah had to work things through again from a friendship level to more and regain trust and openness. When Hannah finally Jet the truth about Hunter, I knew she was on her way to happiness. The two together were hot and they really complemented each other and brought out the best in one another.

I loved the very end with the judge!

I hope the author gives us a book on either Tulsa or Rivers next or even one with Dave!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment