Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My review of Keeping It by Rachel Robinson

Caroline May has grown up in Bronze Bay and helps her mom as a waitress at her diner and her dad by helping out at the airport they own. Her passion is flying and she knows what ever she ends up doing it will involve flying.

Tyler "Tahoe" Holiday is a Navy SEAL that is now being stationed in Bronze Bay and he needs access to the airport in order for his team to run drills and practice. It is up to him to negotiate with the May family to either buy or use the airport.

As Caroline and Tyler begin to grow closer Caroline wonders if Tyler plans on being in town for the long haul or if this is just a brief stop. But when Tyler learns something about Caroline he pulls away and breaks her heart. Will Caroline risk everything in the aftermath?

This was a great story with a few twists and turns along the way to keep you involved.

I really liked Caroline and I wish the title did not state that she was a virgin as I wish it was more of a surprise as the story went on. I liked how she knew what she wanted to do with her life and her goals with flying. I liked that she was not prepared to give up the property that had been with her family so long but that she also knew how much the money could help.

Tyler was interesting for sure as he was definitely a smooth talker and used to getting what he wanted yet as the book goes on we also learn about what he lost and how that impacted everything else in his personal life. I hated what he did to Caroline at a certain moment and I was so mad at what happened in the aftermath. I liked the closure he was able to get with Stella and how they were able to find a friendship again.

The big twist was a little scary and I was worried about what was going to happen to Caroline. I felt bad for what Tyler was going through at the same time, not seeing her.

I liked the B&B and what happened there - it was a good surprise!

Great read and hopefully we get more from these characters! 

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment