Tuesday, February 27, 2018

My review of Longing for The Impossible by Tiara Giles

Serena Richards is living a life that she doesn't want anyone to really know about, while trying to finish high school. Serena's life is controlled by her mother, Sophia, who is verbally abusive and tells her who she can and can't see. The last two years have caused her to lose almost everyone except her Trinity and Keirsten whom she still has kept secrets from.

Brandon Eliot is back in town after living with his father for two years. Now he is back with his twin sister, Trinity and he is faced with Serena, the girl who is no longer the same one he left two years ago.

When Brandon and Serena are paired up together for an art project they must work together but adhere to the rules that Sophia has put in place. As Serena longs for the freedom she once had will she risk more and what will the consequences be if she is caught by Sophia?

This book was beautiful and heartbreaking with everything that Serena went through with her mother, Sophia. Sophia had some serious issues and I hated how she treated Serena. I hated what she did to Serena regarding Brandon and everything else. Serena herself was so sweet and really tried to adhere to her mom's rules but she was also living a life that she hated as she was not free to do anything.

I really liked Brandon and how he tried helping Serena and getting through to her. I must admit that I was mad at him with his actions over the summer as it was not Serena's fault with everything that went down. 

I was scared when Sophia discovers where Serena is at college and I was shocked at everything she revealed to her.

I was also worried about Serena and Brandon but knew with Trinity and Serena being close there was a chance!

I am hoping that the next book is about Trinity or Keirsten as they better not mess with how things ended.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment