Monday, November 30, 2015

My review of The Braille Club by J.A. Kerr

This book dives into a hidden world of a secret exclusive club that is run by Benedict Harrison after he once attended a Braille Club and never gave up looking for the girl he never saw.

The book goes from the past to the future and looks into the lives of 4 key people - Benedict Harrison, Sienna Waters, Gabriella Ballantyne and Abbey. Each of them are linked to the Braille Club but for different reasons, which the book explores.

I did find it difficult to get into the book but did enjoy it once I got into it. I must admit that I was confused at parts with it flipping from the past to the present as I wasn't always paying attention to the years at the beginning of the chapters.

I enjoyed all the characters stories and enjoyed the look into their lives and why they all ended up at the Braille Club. It was interesting to see how it affected each of their lives and where it left them at the end of the book.

The relationship between Sienna and Benedict was an interesting one and I definitely did not see some of the things that came out coming - some shocks for sure! I also didn't see the cliffhanger ending coming and I really didn't like where it was leading and hinting at!

I will definitely be reading the next story as I need to see where everything has left off!

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment