Sunday, September 5, 2021

Whole30 Chipotle Beef & Avocado Bowls (Paleo Sofritas Copycat)

 We have been trying a bunch of new recipes lately and ones focusing on being healthy. This was one that looked great to me as I was sold with "Chipolte". The kids and I love it there so I wanted to try this one.

Now we did end up altering the recipe quite a bit because of what we had on hand but I still think the changes we made turned out great and everyone ate their bowl!

We are not big spicy lovers so I ended up skipping the smoky sauce but when we cooked the ground beef we added in a sugar-free salsa into the meat without putting it in a food processor first. This still tasted awesome and we were very happy with the meat! We did also add in some mushrooms but I don't think my son added as many as were in the recipe. 

The other thing we don't really like is cilantro so we just had plain cauliflower rice which I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I think think this is something we will use more of in the future and both kids were find with it which makes me super happy. 

We have seasoning for guacamole so we just used that but it contains no sugar and the kids really enjoy it. 

On the top of our bowls we also added cheese and all of us were really happy with how they turned out!

You can find the recipe here: https://40aprons.com/whole30-chipotle-beef-avocado-bowls-paleo/




No comments:

Post a Comment