Tuesday, September 21, 2021

My review of Faking It With #41 by Piper Rayne

 Ford Jacobs is a hockey player with the Florida Fury and he was always the "player" on the team until he finds himself a single father to Annabelle and his life turned upside down. Now his father wants him to give up his hockey career and run the family business.

Lena Jacobs is the PR rep for the Jacobs family and will do anything for her boss. She is there for him all the time to clean up the messes that Ford creates with his playboy lifestyle.

When Ford's dad wants Lena and Ford to fake an engagement and marriage in order to sell his company will the two of them be able to cover their hate for each other to pull off the impossible?

This is another great book written by the incredible duo Piper Rayne.

I was excited to finally meet Ford and the woman who was going to bring him to his knees. I knew it was going to have to be someone strong and loyal yet have a backbone and be vulnerable to Ford's charms.

Ford has quite the reputation yet after having Annabelle we have a new Ford who is 100% committed to his daughter. I loved the new Ford yet I also understood he was burning out. I hated the pressure his father put him under and how he really had no desire to run the family company and wanted to follow his hockey dream. 

Lena was an interesting character as she had her own reasons for agreeing to marry Ford but I didn't know if it was entirely based on money or if a small part of her really wanted Ford. She had obviously been through a lot growing up and had become stronger and more independent because of it. 

There was so much chemistry between Ford and Lena even though at the beginning it was definitely masked in hate for one another. Gradually the two began to learn more about one another and they began to see one another for who they really were. Yet there was always something hanging over each other and it was different for both Ford and Lena because of how they each grew up.

I had a feeling right from the beginning what twist was going to happen and I was right but the reasoning behind it all surprised me. 

I loved the speech on New Year's Eve and how everything turned out! Made me happy and I love what sneak peek we got! 

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment