Sunday, August 29, 2021

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich

 I have never been a huge "beef" eater but as I have mentioned I am trying to eat more with the kids due to iron issues and also just trying to expand their menu options. This looked like a super easy option and I love using my slow cooker to get things going.

This is a super easy recipe and I browned the beef in my cast iron skillet before putting it into the slow cooker. I was able to find consommé as well as beef broth and just pouring it into the slow cooker you could see a real difference in color. For my choice of beef I used an outside round roast which I was told work better in the slow cooker.

I followed the recipe as instructed  and I think one thing I might do is cut the onions a little different and use them in the sandwich as well.

This is a great recipe and super easy when you don't have a lot of time! I used the leftover meat in sandwiches which was great! 

You can find the recipe here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/slow-cooker-french-dip-sandwich/




No comments:

Post a Comment