Friday, August 20, 2021

My review of Savior of Regrets by L.A. Cotton

 Caitlin O'Connell works as a waitress in a strip club owned by Zander DiMarco who controls her as much as he can and has claimed ownership over her. Yet one night after she is forced to do a private dance for a client she is beaten and ends up in the hospital.

Matteo Bellatoni has never forgotten the woman he spent a night with in a storm and he is shocked when his cousin Enzo is called to come pick her up at a hospital. Now Matteo will do whatever he can not to lose her again but also gain her trust and realize how much he truly cares for her.

Caitlin hates that Matteo's family is trying to protect her as she knows Zander won't give up trying to get her back. She also knows that she has survived on moving around and that it might be time for her to leave again as there is no way Matteo will want her once he learns about her past.

Can Matteo convince Caitlin that he is in it for the long haul before it's too late?

This is such a bittersweet novel as I was super excited that it was coming but I am truly hating that it sounds like for now it's the end of the Verona Legacy books unless the author can be convinced to write about Arabella whom I love.

I thought Caitlin was a strong character with everything that she had been through in the past but she was also really hung up on her past and didn't think anyone would want her because of it. She was extremely close lipped about her past and didn't want anyone getting close to her. That being said she gradually began to form friendships with Arianne, Nora and Arabella which I thought was great. She hated taking handouts but knew for the time she was safest at Nicco's cabin until Zander was no longer a threat.

I have loved Matteo for so long and knew he was the right guy for Caitlin. He was so dedicated to her and was going to do what he could to prove it to her that he was not prepared to give her up. He knew that he had to do what was right for the family and somehow he needed to convince Caitlin to be his so she could be fully protected.

There was so much chemistry between Matteo and Caitlin but she was so afraid to trust him and I felt horrible for both of them. I loved when Luis told Matteo that Caitlin needed to fix herself and that he couldn't do it for her.

I must admit that I was totally surprised with who came to the door and how everything fell into place. I was very happy when new alliances were formed and how Caitlin was saved although I can't imagine what was going through her brain.

The end was awesome and I truly hope that this is not the end!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment