Monday, August 23, 2021

My review of Cross by Shantel Tessier

 Hoyte "Cross" James was the son of a preacher and a member of the Three Wiseman. Yet things went on behind closed doors that nobody would have suspected. Now 13 years later Cross belongs to the Dark Kings with his best friends Titan, Bones and Grave. 

Alexa Jade Milner owns Lucky's and his best friends with April who is dating Grave. Alexa doesn't know a lot about the Dark Kings but her brother, Derek, keeps telling her to stay away from them. Yet Alexa finds herself very attracted to Cross and wants to get to know him more.

Soon Alexa realizes that her and Cross have some common people and when bad things begin to Alexa they must discover who is behind everything before it's too late.

This is another awesome book in the series and I can't wait for more!! 

Cross has gone through a lot and to a certain degree that makes him cold but at the same time he is extremely loyal to his friends and anyone else that he cares about. He is calculated and a very good tattoo artist and owns his own shop, Tit for Tat. 

Alexa was to a certain degree naïve but then you see another side of her come out, especially when it involved business.  I loved her coming out of her shell with Cross but I was worried about her ex-Mitch constantly messaging her. I knew he wanted her back but I didn't know how far he would go. 

I loved the chemistry between Alexa and Cross and how they truly brought the best of each other out. They were so good for one another and I liked how protective Cross was over Alexa, especially when things began to go wrong. There were so many awesome fights, and one especially stood out for me! 

The end was awesome and I loved how it all went down and who was caught and what happened to them! 

The epilogues were amazing and I can't wait to see what's next for Bones!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment