Friday, August 20, 2021

My review of Until Delilah by Harlow Layne

 Delilah Williams will do anything to protect her son, Beckham, and unborn baby from her abusive boyfriend, Bradley Stanton, so she sneaks off in the middle of the night hoping to escape from him. She has no idea where she is headed but ends up at a women's shelter. There she vows to get back on her feet and get her son going to school and turn her life around while trying to keep from Bradley finding her.

Max Black is a former professional baseball player and is immediately taken by Delilah and Beckham after his mom, December who is Beckham's teacher, invites them for dinner. Max is well aware that Delilah has a past that she is running from but he wants to be the one to show her love.

Can Max show Delilah that he will be there for her and Beckham and gain her trust before her past catches up with her?

This was such a great book about giving love a chance and I was so happy with the link to the author's previous book The Model.

Delilah was a strong woman who had the courage to escape a bad relationship but she was also worried about what everyone else would think of her and therefore she never let her parents or anyone else how bad her relationship with Bradley really was. I was so happy that she was able to escape him but I knew how much she feared that he would come for her eventually and she was afraid of getting too attached to Max in case she needed to leave.

Max was an incredible character who had never felt or wanted real love until he met Delilah and Beckham and instantly he knew that was who he was going to spend the rest of his life with. Unfortunately he had a lot of hard work ahead of him with Delilah but he was so patient with her and was able to gain her trust.

There was a lot of attraction and chemistry between Max and Delilah but due to everything she had been through she had no idea why someone like Max would want her. I was so happy when she finally began to open up to him and also when she finally told her parents everything. I loved all of these relationships.

I knew something bad was eventually going to happen and I was very sad when it did but I knew everything would work out the way I wanted it to in the end! I was shocked that Max waited for Delilah at the end and I was so happy what he wanted to do. I knew Cobi would solve certain things and the very end made me super happy!

I hope this is not the end of these characters!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment