Monday, September 9, 2019

My review of Blood Sky by S. Massery


Delia Moretti has come to her family’s old house in hopes of escaping those who murdered her family. Yet a forest fire interrupts her plans and now she must put her life in the hands of a stranger who gets her away from the fire.

Jackson Skye is working and evacuating people in the line of the fire when he stumbles upon a girl who puts up quite the fight leaving her house. She is worried about leaving but Jackson has no idea how much trouble she is in until a night at the motel and he realizes there is more to her than meets the eye.

As Jackson vows to keep Delia safe from whomever is after her, he knows he can’t do it alone and calls on the men who used to work with him at Scorpion Industries.

As both Delia and Jackson try to figure out who is behind the attacks on Delia they both need to deal with their feelings with one another and get over the past which is holding them both back.
This was such a good book and I can’t wait for more in this series!!

Delia is running from whomever killed her family yet at the same time she can’t figure out how she is always found so quickly. She is determined to bring down those who killed her family and take her rightful place leading the family in Las Vegas.

Jackson was once part of the Army and part of a secret group called Scorpion Industries that was brought into difficult situations but he has kept his distance the past few years when the group lost one of their own and he struggled with dealing with the loss. Yet he knows that they are the only people he can count on to find out who is after Delia and how they can be taken care of.

There was so much chemistry between Delia and Jackson and you could tell they were two wounded individuals who could either heal each other or be the downfall of the other.

I loved learning about “Blood Sky” and how that showed Delia what Jackson was really capable of. It was interesting to see that side of him and I knew I was happy that Delia had him. Yet that night brought a change as it brought Delia back into the fold and we were just waiting to see whose side everyone was on. The accident brought another mystery into the fold and I really hope Jackson was right.

Las Vegas brought out a few twists and turns that I was and wasn’t expecting. There were some things I wasn’t surprised about but other things definitely shocked me as the book went on. The warehouse was full of action and so many things I wasn’t counting on! The end of that incident left me very sad though.

The very end brought hope and I am so happy that I was right earlier on and I can’t wait for more in this series!


5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment