Monday, September 23, 2019

My review of Collateral by Natasha Knight

Gabriela Marchese first met Stefan Sabbioni when she was 16 years old and she found him in her bedroom with a message with her father, Gabriel, that she never relayed. Now he is back and Gabriela's father has arranged a marriage between the two of them without her consent to occur in one month.

Stefan Sabbioni has revenge on his mind and is using Gabriela as a pawn in his game. He is cold and ruthless and wants to show Gabriel how powerful he has become.

Yet soon Stefan realizes that there is more to Gabriela than he could have imagined and that her relationship with her father is nothing like he thought. Can Stefan keep his own feelings aside while he plays his own game of revenge or are things about to become more complicated?

This is a great beginning to the series and I can't wait to see where it goes next!!

There are so many hidden stories weaved within the main story that has your mind traveling in a million directions trying to put it all together and figure out how everything is going to fall into place.

Gabriela was a strong character who wanted to live her own life and not be used as a pawn by her father. Unfortunately she wasn't very successful as she found herself being married off to Stefan Sabbioni. I liked discovering more about her own background and clues that were given to specific events in the past that led her to be a certain way.

Initially I wasn't sure where I stood with my feelings on Stefan as I truly understood why he wanted revenge but I hated that Gabriela was the pawn in the middle. Gradually I started warming up to him except a few times when he was pretty cruel yet I saw him caring about her and learning more about her past.

My heart broke with Alex and I knew why Gabriela needed to protect him and in turn her need to protect him. I was scared when Stefan first met him but then I saw that Stefan was trying to help him out.

The revelations about Gabriela's body were horrifying and I knew Stefan was going to try his best to protect her.

I was so mad at the end of the book as I knew who was innocent and who wasn't and Gabriela fell into a trap that I was certain that a person from her past set up.

The very end of the book left us with a huge cliffhanger and now I need to know what happens next!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment