Thursday, March 14, 2019

My review of Get Lucky by Madison Faye

Phoebe Wright hates her fiance Patrick Morrow but knows that the marriage is an arrangement between mob families. Yet nothing surprises Phoebe more than being included in the pot of a poker game.

Eamon Lear & Clay Moreland are Irish Mob Kings who have come to Chicago for some meetings and when they see that Phoebe has been added to the pot they will stop at nothing to win it.

Yet within the mob there is a certain code but also a hierarchy and how far will Patrick go to protect what he deems is his. When Phoebe is hiding her own secret will it cost her everything that she has grown to want?

This was a great story and I loved the twists and turns that had me really windering what was going to happen next.

I thought it was awesome that Patrick included Phoebe in the pot as he was so cocky that he didn't think he had a chance of losing her. I think he thought no one would really go through with taking her so it made me laugh when Eamon and Clay won the round.

I loved Phoebe's secret and the secret that the Irish Kings were holding onto as well as everything came together in a way I wasn't really expecting.

The chemistry between Phoebe, Clay and Eamon was scorching and totally hot!

I was surprised how everything went down and then I loved Phoebe's new job and how everything came together for her and how she got certain payback. 

The very end was great and I loved how Phoebe was able to get exactly what she wanted while staying on the legal side of everything!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment