Friday, March 22, 2019

My review of Rebel Saint by Adriane Leigh

Tressa Torrado came to St. Michael's when she had nothing and she was given a job and a place to live. Now she must also deal with her mounting attraction to Father Bastien Castaneda.

Father Bastien Castaneda has given his oath to God but he has been having a hard time keeping that with Tressa around. He knows he can't succumb to her no matter how much he wants to.

With the attraction between them growing can they deny how they feel and if they give in how much will they lose?

This was a great read with some really interesting moral components. I am not someone who grew up in the church and I have always found it almost frustrating that Catholic priests are not to have relations with anyone but God, especially with all of the negative press over certain things that have happened.

I liked Tressa and it was clear she did not have the easiest time growing up and had hit rock bottom before coming to the church. She also knew that her attraction to Father Bastien was dangerous and she knew she had to leave before something happened.

I thought Father Bastien was a great character who was truly at odds within himself of doing what was expected and needed of him and following his own heart. Within the confines of his job he wasn't allowed to be in a relationship yet that was what his heart really wanted. He was definitely great for his congregation and I hated that he thought all of their needs were more important than his own.

There were definitely some tense moments involving Cardinal Lovello and then everything with Lucy.

I was so mad towards the end and what happened to Father Bastien. I was also a little disappointed in him after everything to still keep going with what was planned out for him. I was so proud of Tressa for getting up the courage to follow her own heart and I was shocked at what she ended up discovering about her own family.

I was very proud of Father Bastien at the end for really seeing what needed to be done!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment