Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My review of Secrets by Aleatha Romig

When Renee was sent away from her home at 16 years old by her mom in an effort to protect her she warned her never to set foot in Chicago again as they would be after her. She moved to Colorado and became Kennedy Hawkins and started over at a boarding school and always held onto the name her mom warned her about - Allister Sparrow.

Now unfortunately Kennedy has to return to Chicago for her business, Sinful Threads, as there is some problems with inventory and what is being shipped to customers. She dreads returning remembering the warning her mother gave her.

Sterling Sparrow has waited a long time for the return of Araneae McCrie to Chicago and he will stop at nothing to make her his. The problem is that others have also noticed her return and now he must do what he can to keep her safe.

This was a great introduction to the series and it is filled with lots of intrigue and action of all kinds.

My heart broke at the beginning of the book with all of the mystery surrounding Renee who turned into Kennedy and ended up being Araneae. I couldn't imagine having to leave town at 16 and I loved that her mom sacrificed so much to get her to safety. You knew though as soon as she was asked to go to Chicago things would start happening.

I definitely wasn't too sure on how to take Sterling. I was never sure at the beginning whose side he was on, beside his own, and whether he would protect Araneae or arrange for something bad to happen to her. I gradually saw that he was going to protect her which I was happier about but I hated that he never really explained to her what was going on as she honestly had no idea.

Once certain other things began to happen I understood why Sterling needed to protect Araneae but I was still lost as to why until almost the end. I was glad that he was watching out for her.

The very end leaves you with a cliffhanger and I am not 100% sure to which person approached Araneae and whether they were biological or not!

No one can be trusted and I look forward to more!! 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment