Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My review of Recklessly Ever After by Heather Van Fleet

Gavin St. James is an EMT but also suffers from panic attacks after his time overseas and due to his experiences growing up. When he is stuck in an elevator with McKenna Brewer he is shocked by his attraction to her but the two are butting heads more than anything.

McKenna Brewer is not a relationship type of girl. Yet one night with Gavin has her questioning things and her future. But there are certain things that she knows for sure and settling down is one thing she is avoiding at all costs.

When Gavin discovers what Kenna is hiding will he convince her to change her mind and give it a chance?

This was a great book that I enjoyed from start to finish. It had some great moments of laughter but also enough sad moments to really attach you to the characters and want them to get the happiness that they truly deserve.

I really liked Gavin right from the beginning but as I got to learn more about his past my heart just went out to him and I really wanted him to get the happiness that he deserved. I was totally shocked at what happened to him with his uncle and then my heart broke with the accident.

I though Kenna was also a great character but I felt bad that she really didn't think to highly of her possibilities when it came to "family" with the way she grew up. I felt bad for everything that her sister Hanna went through and I was glad that Kenna was there for her.

I liked how Gavin was slowly able to earn the trust and heart of Kenna and prove so much to her through his actions and words. It was so great!

The end was great although I would have liked a tiny bit more in the epilogue on Kenna and Gavin themselves instead of it being from Collin's view.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment