Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My review of Betrayal: The Awakening by Kira Hillins

Tristan Ashfield believs he was infected by Madeline and given a curse to which one girl holds the key to ending it. But as the girl means something to him, he tries to stay away from her knowing that her life is at risk because of what he needs from her.

Anna Holden's mother died in childbirth and she is being raised by Mac and Betty Holden. She knew that Mac had a link to the mysterious Tristan but he keeps her at a distance which hurts Anna.

As Anna gets on with her life she finds herself in a relationship wit Jack Monroe but knows he will never fully have her heart. When Mac dies he writes her a letter insisting that Tristan is the only one who can keep Anna safe.

Will Anna find the answers she seeks with Tristan or is she destined for more heartbreak?

I enjoyed the story but I had a hard time with certain parts of the book that kind of lost me.

I liked Tristan but I was so confused on how he viewed himself and what he believed to be true about what he was going through. So that part kind of confused me as I was mad that he couldn't understand what he was and I felt it took away a little bit of his credibility.

Anna had her own issues and growing pains through the book. We saw her upset when she lost Tristan when she was a young girl and then what happened when she was in the house. She craved attention but at the same time did not want to get attached to anyone, which we saw in her relationship with Jack.

The book had so many characters jumping to conclusions that it became kind of distracting. Jack viewed his relationship with Anna in a completely different way than she did. Also Anna thought Tristan did something to her parents but at the same time she couldn't stay away from him.

The ending was definitely explosive and I wasn't expecting part of it, yet I did anticipate the other part. I am curious to see whether the author writes more with the story.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment