Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My review of Ding Dong! Is She Dead? by Alathia Paris Morgan

Jennifer Smith witnesses 2 men trying to lift another man into the back of a car and the next thing she knows she has become Allie Foster and has moved to Texas to begin a new life. She begins work as a Nova Lady and when she goes to deliver products to her friend Megan she finds her life once again upside down.

Megan's husband, Mike, works for the Sheriff's department and has been physically abusing her. Allie vows to keep Megan and her daughter, Sally, safe and find her own life once again in danger. Will Allie learn who she can trust when they discover that someone is definitely helping Mike.

When the Greenley's help Allie, Megan and Sally will their lives be in danger as well? Will Justin Greenley be the savior Allie needs in her life?

I liked this book but I also found that there were some holes for me that took away from the story. I was surprised that there was only one mention of the Witness Protection Plan again and I thought it would have played more of a role. I was also surprised at the end that there was no mention of how Mike was getting help and I'm not sure if that comes into play in the next book or not. I'm hoping it does as that left me mad.

I liked Allie and how she was trying to be so helpful and caring with Megan and Sally. I was very surprised that she trusted Justin as much as she did right away knowing that Mike has someone helping him.

Megan and Sally were trying to get themselves together and I was super proud of Sally at the end of the book with her actions. I'm glad she had the courage to do what was right!

The Greenley's were awesome and I absolutely loved GG! She was definitely a force to be reckoned with!

I hope book 2 ties up the ends that were missing at the end of this one!

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment