Friday, July 15, 2016

My review of Dead Lawyers Don't Lie by Mark Nolan

Richard Caxton is a defense lawyer and the one that the rich people call when they need to get off from a crime they committed. Unfortunately this time his sins have caught up to him when he is murdered. Unfortunately for Jake Wolfe, a photojournalist, he witnesses the crime and is now sought after by the killer.

But Jake isn't that easy to kill and along with his best friend, Police Lieutenant Terrell Hayes, they seek to find the killer. Unfortunately this becomes larger than they could have imagined and more people are involved than they could ever imagined.

Will Jake and Terrell discover the identity of the Killer or will he get to Jake first? As the amount of lawyers killed increases they need to try and catch this killer!

This was a great book with so many twists and turns that I wasn't sure who was going to be involved next.

I really liked Jake and right from the drama with Gwen I knew he was a good guy and wanted him to succeed and live! His military background helped him survive the attempts on his life but life isn't all roses for him!

One small thing that bothered me was how quickly Ivan could get information and I seriously hope that the author exaggerated how fast people can obtain information on you. It really made me feel uneasy that things could be found out that fast, yet the police did not have the same Intel.

The choice of food selection by Chairman Banks made me gag through his meal descriptions and it made me wonder if the author himself has tried some of the foods!

This was a great cat and mouse game where you never knew who was involved and how large things could possibly get!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment