Thursday, April 7, 2016

My review of Journey Man by Victoria Danann

I think is definitely one of my favorite books written by the author. After reading Carnal I was so upset at the ending but this book gave us retribution and I am now ok with how everything has gone.

Glenndennon Catch is referred to as a Journey Man as he floats through different units for brief periods of time. He is now returning to Jefferson Unit and is shown to have changed, and not in a positive way. Since having his heart broken by Elora Rose "Rosie" Storm he has not allowed himself to get close to anyone.

Elora Rose "Rosie" Storm has come back to Jefferson Unit after years away. She is shocked that Glen is back as well and expects the coldness that he gives her.

When another member, Falcon, goes AWOL, it's up to Glen and Rosie to bring him back. Will this allow the two to open up to each other and bring back the feelings they once had or will it break one of their hearts even further?

I really enjoyed this book for so many reasons. I really liked Monq in this book and his assessments with the various people in the book. His ability to stay calm was just awesome to read and he definitely made me laugh through out.

I also really liked how they described the "floater" position and how they realized the damage it could do. That can be seen in so many areas of our own lives.

I really liked Catch and his bad attitude. With everything he went through I truly thought he deserved to be a little miserable. He had to discover what would make him truly happy before making any changes to his own life.

I loved Rosie in Carnal and I was glad she got a second chance at happiness. She has spunk and is a ton of fun to read about!

I can't wait to see what comes next!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment