Sunday, November 21, 2021

Sunday Night Dinner

 With working shift work, especially on the weekends, we don't always get to have traditional good sit down dinners so every once in awhile the schedule works out and we are able to make a really good meal. 

We haven't used the BBQ much this year but decided we were going to give it a go and I bought expensive steaks once I found a recipe that sounded awesome. I admit I was a little nervous as I was counting on the 13 year old to come through for me! 

On the menu for dinner is: Grilled Rib-eye Steak with Tequila Barbeque Glaze, Coconut Brown Sugar Glazed Pineapple and Oven Roasted Potatoes. 

OMG!!! This meal was so good and I can't say how amazing Bren did with the BBQ!!!

The steak was truly grilled to perfection although Mik got it in the marinade much later than I would have preferred so dinner did run late. The glaze was awesome but I think we could have left it on a little bit longer although we did dip the meat in it and it is something I would definitely have again.

The Pineapple was awesome although Bren said it was a little too sweet for him. I really liked the taste of the pineapple and coconut and the brown sugar made it a unique taste!

These potatoes were so good and we actually ended up having them the next day as well as Mik couldn't get enough of them the first time and wanted more. She was upset as Bren got to them before her!

This was such a great meal and I only wish we had made a dessert as well to cap off a perfect night!

Here are the recipes:

Steak: https://grandbaby-cakes.com/grilled-ribeye-steak-recipe/

Pineapple: https://www.chef-in-training.com/coconut-brown-sugar-glazed-grilled-pineapple/

Potatoes: https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/oven-roasted-potatoes/


GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK RECIPE WITH TEQUILA BARBECUE GLAZE

GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK RECIPE WITH TEQUILA BARBECUE GLAZE

No comments:

Post a Comment