Tuesday, November 30, 2021

My review of Villainous by J.M. Stoneback

 Aiden "Villainous" Vitali has never forgiven the girl who left him years ago and now that he has found her again he will do what he needs to in order for punish her. He is a dangerous man and will not forgive her betrayal. 

Maya Devoy has tried to live a quiet life out of the spotlight in hopes she is never found again. Several members of her family have been killed due to their involvement with the Irish Mafia. When she is caught by Villainous she soon realizes he has no interest in why she left as he is too caught up in his need for revenge.

Although both Maya and Villainous know they love the other one is their hatred for the other too much to overcome? When secrets are revealed is their enough between them for them to give a love another chance or has too much happened?

This was another great book in the series with another character that you love to hate!

Villainous was a man that you hated so much but at the same time part of you was still hoping that he'd get a happy ever after. He was so cruel to Maya and I get that he was humiliated but at the same time the stuff that he did to her was awful and cruel. I needed for him to be punished in some way so I was patiently waiting.

I loved Maya and could tell that she had a really good reason for leaving Villainous and was just waiting for it to come out. It took awhile but I did figure it out before it was revealed but not to the extent that was involved.

Villainous was so cruel that I wasn't surprised that Maya's hatred for him was growing as time went on. She still loved him but was pushed to the brink with what he had her to do. My heart broke for her. 

I found her friendship with Noemi intriguing as Noemi didn't seem to have much fear of Villainous even though she knew of some things he had apparently done. I was still very happy that she was there for Maya when she needed a friend.

When the major secret I was shocked at the extent of the evilness of one certain chaarcter. The things that she did to AJ was awful and I was so mad!! I knew there was no way that Villainous was going to let her get away with what she did. Yet because of the reveal Villainous expected Maya to forgive him for everything that he did to her just like that I understood why for her it wasn't that easy.

The next twist was shocking up until about a page before hand when Maya started realizing something felt off! My jaw still hit the ground with how everything went down. I was so happy when Villainous was able to make the scene appear how he needed it to! 

The very end made me super happy and I can't wait to see what happens next!! 

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment