Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My review of Sleight of Hand by Marie James

 Gaige Ward is the acquisitions expert for Blackbridge Security and he is used to acquiring everything he goes after, on and off the job. Yet he never expected that his off duty antics may cost his boss his latest employee.

Leighton Redmond works for her family's company and is headed out to see if they can work with Blackbridge Security after the boss, Deacon Black, is accused of being misogynistic. When Leighton walks in and sees Gaige she refuses to work there immediately.

Deacon forces Gaige to fix the issue but when Leighton's own life begins to unravel she needs to decide if she can put her pride away and take the opportunity in front of her.  

Can Gaige open up and tell the Leighton the truth in time?

This is another amazing book in the series and I seriously need more employees to get hired so this series doesn't end!

Gaige was one of those guys that you could love but at the same time his way of getting rid of women was soooo cold and bad!! I wanted to throw something at my book when he did what he did and I knew everything was going to blow up big time for him. 

Leighton was totally in the right when she didn't want to work with Gaige as neither would I. Yet as Leighton's life began to unravel she had no choice but to accept Deacon's offer but I knew she would have a wall up as much as she could. 

There was sooooooo much chemistry between Gaige and Leighton and it definitely freaked both of them out but they each reacted differently and the lack of communication between them was huge.  With traveling together it forced the two of them together but they still had so many obstacles due to their own pasts and thoughts about relationships. 

Everything completely switched upside down with the visit to Gaige's family and Lala. I was so enamored with her and I absolutely adored her and I think that really scared both Gaige and Leighton but they each reacted differently. I felt bad for Gaige for letting Leighton take control of everything and not saying everything that he needed to.

I was surprised that Leighton let her mom convince her to try and repair the damage that she did out of spite. 

My heart absolutely shattered for Gaige and I was so happy that Leighton finally realized what was most important to her and was there when he needed her most. 

I was happy with the employment for Leighton and I loved how she is ready to throw the book at someone! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment