Friday, October 22, 2021

My review of Quiet Secrets by J.L. Drake

 This is the second book in the series and book 1 needs to be read first before reading this review to prevent any spoilers.

Sienna Giovanna's life once again seems to becoming undone after she finally was back in the arms of her first love, Elio Capri. But now she is being torn between two families that hate each other more than anything else and she is trying to find out where she belongs.

Elio Capri's family is the Mafia and he is the Underboss to his father. Elio does his best to protect his family even though he knows that his enemies are trying to infiltrate his close family. Yet Elio understands he must bide his time before he acts on anything, even if that means pretending he is not in a relationship with Sienna.

Yet soon we see how many secrets there really are.

I was somewhat confused about where Francesco's loyalties were but I knew above all there wasn't anything that he wouldn't do to protect Sienna. He was walking a fine line with everything else but I knew how much he cared for her and he really tried to be the peacemaker between everyone involved.

I really do not care for Elio's Nonna at all or her driver, Abramo. They gave me such evil vibes and I am pretty sure that she is behind everything bad that is lurking within the secrets.

I was pretty frustrated at Elio in this book as he kept questioning Sienna over and over again about her past that she has no idea about yet he wouldn't open up to her about anything. So frustrating and I was losing hope that he was the right guy for her. 

The end was definitely shocking and I am super curious to see where this goes now and what happens to Sienna!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment