Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My review of Inked Devotion by Carrie Ann Ryan

 Brenna Garrett comes from a big family and now has been "adopted" by the Montgomery's as one of their own after her long friendship with Beckett Montgomery. Everyone thought she was in love with Beckett and as she begins to drift away from him, she knows she needs to find her own identity and role. When she is faced with a big decision she decides to drive to her family reunion hoping to find some clarity along the way.

Benjamin Montgomery is Beckett's twin and was never as close to Brenna as Beckett was but he was always still part of their close group. When Benjamin is faced with a huge decision he asks Brenna to tag along hoping he can figure out the right choice. 

As Benjamin and Brenna get closer, things happen and both need to figure out where their hearts are at and overcome their respective pasts if they have any chance of a future together.

This is another awesome book in the series and I seriously just love the Montgomery's!! 

I really felt bad for Brenna as everyone thought she was in love with Beckett and were being so careful around her as he began to fall for Eliza. Yet Brenna was more upset with everything that Beckett had been keeping from her and that really hurt their friendship. I was happy with what Brenna was planning on doing as she wanted to move forward with her life and really thought this was the right plan and what was going to make her the happiest. I almost felt as though we didn't get enough of Brenna's real backstory though as she really didn't seem to trust relationships.

Benjamin was a great guy who kind of knew already the answer to the question he was asked and I really liked his relationship with his ex Laura. I think the friendship he had with her showed the true nature of Benjamin and he was the kind of person you wanted in your life.

There was so much chemistry between Brenna and Benjamin and I knew he was attracted to her but then there was the other side of was Brenna attracted to him because he was Beckett's twin or did she see him as his own person. I liked the honesty between the two of them of the dilemmas each was facing and that definitely brought them closer. 

The night of the storm was definitely intense and I loved where things went until Brenna pulled away. I felt bad for Benjamin and I really wanted her to hear him out. 

I had a guess on where everything was leading and I was so happy that I was right. I also knew that Benjamin was going to have his work cut out for him which made me a little sad.

I was surprised at what happened after the Montgomery party but I knew something like that was the only way Brenna would realize what she had in front of her. 

The end made me happy but then stuff with Paige was OMG!!! Although I am really excited with what may happen with her!

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment