Sunday, September 12, 2021

S'Mores French Toast

 Unfortunately I really don't get to make a lot of breakfast foods as I seem to be working most weekends now which cuts into that special breakfast time. I truly love breakfast so I know I have to squeeze it in whenever I can. Lately I have really been on a bit of a Disney kick and trying to get Disney recipes in when I can. With the borders being closed I think I am making more of an attempt than usual.

So this one jumped out at me as I love marshmallows and chocolate. I did this on a weekend that Bren wasn't home as I know that he doesn't always love the ones that are too sweet and I knew that this was definitely going to be rich!!

We used Brioche bread which the recipe recommended and it's one of my favorites! We followed the recipe as directed and everything was made easily. I think I could have cooked the bread a little longer and on a lower temperature as it didn't seem to cook both pieces evenly in the pan. 

We put the layer of graham cracker crumbs on and then put the marshmallow creme in and then I think we could have used a little more chocolate on that layer before putting on the next piece of bread. We didn't have any large graham crackers so we just topped with mini marshmallows!

This was definitely a decadent breakfast and so good!!!

You can find the link here: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a20979768/smores-french-toast-recipe/



 


No comments:

Post a Comment