Thursday, September 9, 2021

My review of Apollo by Marie James

 April Gibson's mom joined a Religious Cult, Knight's Salvation, when she and her sister were young. Her sister managed to escape but it took years for April to be able to. When she shows up at the door with a secret she knows she needs help. 

Nate "Apollo" Fosse helped rescue April from the cult and knows he is not responsible for what has happened to April but he is willing to stand by her, knowing she still may be in danger.

As April struggles to find herself and the confidence that Apollo will stay with her, her past comes back and threatens to take everything away. Will April finally confide in Apollo and see that she is the only thing holding herself back from happy ever after?

This is another great book in the series and I was excited for this one. 

April had a rough beginning and childhood and I was very happy that Cerberus was able to rescue her from the cult her mom belonged to. April really didn't have a lot of trust in others and she really had no self-confidence which made her constantly doubt Apollo and his promise to stick by her. 

Apollo was an awesome guy who gave up everything for April in order to help her out of a bad situation. He didn't do anything for April not to trust him and I felt bad for him as he was truly trying to gain her trust. 

I knew that April couldn't shake her past that easily and I wasn't surprised by who showed up but I was surprised at what was discussed. I was glad when Apollo took everything very seriously as did the club and they were ready to protect everyone due to some other things that were also going on.

I seriously loved the mediation and how everything went. I was laughing so hard because of the things that came out. I was very happy with how things turned out.

As for the club itself things are beginning to come to a head with their rivals and I am anxious to see what they are able to put a stop to.

Can't wait for more!

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment