Tuesday, May 19, 2020

My review of Southern Storm by Natasha Madison

Beau Huntington has looked up to his dad his whole life and is eager to follow in his footsteps becoming the new Mayor but everything changes when he discovers a secret that everyone has kept hidden from him.

Savannah Harrison's not very popular in town since she broke up the town's golden couple and gave birth to a little boy named Ethan who has been raised by Jacob, the town sheriff. Yet everything changes when Beau discovers that Ethan's father is actually his brother, Liam.

Now it is apparent that someone wants to punish Savannah for her secret getting out and Beau realizes that the best way to keep her safe may be to marry his best friend and the girl he has had a crush on since they were in elementary school.

Can Beau keep Savannah safe?

This was such a good book and I am really enjoying this series!!

I totally understood why Beau was so mad at the beginning of the book for learning who Ethan's real father was. When Beau went to confront his dad about the truth I was surprised at how his dad reacted and knew that we were in for a great ride! I really liked Beau and when he knew what he needed to do to keep Savannah safe and it wasn't an issue for him because of how long he had cared for her. I liked how determined Beau was in the mayoral position to do things the right way and not be swayed or influenced by his father.

Savannah was someone who started with a rough slate because of her mother and she tried to do what was best for Ethan above all. Having Jacob claim Ethan as his own child allowed some safety for Savannah as she was "accepted" as part of the town, even though she was still really looked down upon.

I was happy when Beau starting protecting Savannah when terrible stuff started happening to her. I was pretty mad as a few times Ethan's life was at risk and it made me mad. The person truly wanted to hurt Savannah deep and the stuff they did made my heart break for her as she just couldn't catch a break.

Beau's parents were absolutely awful and I was shocked at how ruthless his dad was. I knew right from the beginning that his dad was shady and would do anything to protect secrets but I must admit by the end of the book I was completely blown away!

I liked when Beau and Savannah finally had an open conversation about how they each felt and it changed everything in their relationship. It was funny how came out in the open and how each had done things in the past to guard their hearts.

I felt horrible for Savannah in a few situations when she felt completely out of place, especially at the mayor's dinner. My heart broke for Beau when he knew Savannah had made up her mind on what she was going to do.

Towards the very end of the book my jaw hit the ground with everything that was revealed and although I wasn't surprised at who was behind things in one aspect, I was in another. I couldn't believe the information that came out and what happened with Mary Ellen.

The epilogue was awesome and I can't wait for more!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment