Thursday, January 23, 2020

My review of Rock Star, Unbroken (Tragic Duet, #2) by S.M. Shade

This is the second book and the first has to be read first. Do not read the review if you haven't read the first book.

The end of the book left us with a huge shocking cliffhanger and I know my was down to the ground. That being said my heart knew that Naomi Wells was innocent but would Axton Todd ever believe her and let her near Caden again?

My heart was just shattered for what Naomi went through and everything she was subjected to after. I knew there was no way she would have been involved in what went down but she needed to go somewhere to find herself again and I love where she went and why.

I was so mad at Axton through a bunch of this book for how he treated Naomi. I realize that she kept a really big secret from him and that would have been devastating to find out but he was just so cruel and wanted to keep on hurting her. Even after knowing the truth he still continued to berate Naomi and keep her at a distance.

I was very proud of Axton for doing what was best for Caden, even if it wasn't what he wanted. I knew things would gradually thaw between them but I didn't know how much back and forth there would be that involved everyone's emotions. I was not disappointed at all with this as the two were so hot together yet Axton was also so cold after realizing what he had done.

I was so mad at Paige for her actions with talking to the press and I was definitely worried how that would affect Naomi and all of the progress she made. It was interesting how Axton chose to believe some of the press at the end of the first book yet in this book he finally said for Naomi to ignore the press when it came to her life.

There was a super important conversation between Axton and Naomi regarding each of their pasts and how shockingly similar they were and the differences between the way each looked at it. I loved this scene and it brought tears to my eyes.

The events at White Sky Resort were huge and I was shocked at what happened and everything that was revealed. I was definitely holding my breath although I knew things had to change!

The very end was incredible and my heart was so filled with happiness!!!

This was such an incredible duet and I can't wait for more from this author!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment