Friday, January 24, 2020

My review of Chandelier by Annie Dyer

Blair Stewart is the Princess of Scotland with her father ruling the kingdom and her brother the heir to the throne. Her heart belongs to a man that she can't have as he is "below" her and she finds herself a pawn in the political game where her brother has no problem marrying her off to someone she doesn't want.

But in an instant everything can change and Blair could lose it all including the love of Ben Smith, her body guard.

This was such a great book and I am loving the beginning to this series!

I loved Blair right from the start and it was clear that she loved her country but really had no desire to be used as a pawn in her brother's political strategies. Blair had been in love with Ben for years and her heart broke when he left and she never saw him again for 11 years. When he returned she was struggling with having him guard her as her heart had never fully mended.

I was super mad at Blair's brother Lennox for using her as a pawn in his political games. The stuff that he alluded to with William, the King of England was awful and I hated that he wanted Blair to play his  game. I was also confused with Lennox's relationship with Elise, Blair's friend.

Ben was interesting as it was obvious how much he cared about Blair yet he was so cruel to her at times and I didn't know if it was because he was trying to hide how he truly felt or if something else had happened to jade him so much. He was so hot and cold with Blair and I was really worried that she would end up getting hurt.

Isaac was definitely an interesting addition to the story and I really wasn't too sure when he appeared what was going to be his role but I was not expecting everything that happened! Wow - the temperature definitely rose up at certain points!!

The end was not a surprise because of the way the book started but now that certain things have happened I am super curious to see where the next book goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment