Wednesday, January 29, 2020

My review of The Cruelest Stranger by Winter Renshaw

Astaire Carraro is trying to slowly move on from the death of her fiance one year ago. She has decided to try dating again but knows it's not going to be easy. When she approaches a man who might her blind date she is shocked by the cruel words that come out of his mouth.

Bennett Schoenbach's life revolves around his work and now his life has been flipped upside down with revelations he never expected.

When Astaire tries to reach out to Bennett one more time she is again surprised at his cruel words but soon the two find a common ground. Unfortunately certain secrets have a way of coming to the surface and will other peoples secrets crush any chance of happiness for Astaire and Bennett?

This was such a great book filled with emotion, uncertainty and romance with some twists to keep you gripped on the book!

I felt so bad for Astaire at the beginning of the book with how she was treated by a complete stranger. It was so uncalled for and after everything she had been through with trying to move on, I can only imagine how much it hurt. I was proud of Astaire for going to give him a piece of her mind but then I was impressed with how she reacted when she discovered where he went.

Bennett was such a jerk at the beginning of the book and even when I began to figure out what was going on I was still blown away by how cruel he could be. His relationship with his mother and brother were super interesting and I was more and more shocked as the book went on.

When Bennett ended up reaching out to Astaire it made me really wonder what his motives were as I soon realized he was a little in over his head when it came to Honor. I hoped Bennett was really ready to change but I could tell he was still holding back so much from Astaire.

There were still so many jaw dropping moments in the book that I wasn't expecting that left me wondering what could possibly come next!

I loved the eventual chemistry between Astaire and Bennett and how they each wanted different things but slowly evolved to want the same thing. Yet until the two completely opened up to the other one there was still so much missing between them.

The end was so awesome and I did a real happy dance when Bennett was finally able to prove to Astaire how much he changed and what he truly wanted!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment