Thursday, January 23, 2020

My review of Boss Man Bridegroom by Meghan Quinn

Rath Westin runs Westin Enterprises and vows to never get involved with another one of his employees again after his last relationship blew up in his face. Yet he now finds himself being proposed to by his assistant and he is wondering how he found himself here.

Charlee Cox is one of a kind and sometimes struggles with what comes out of her mouth but she is a genuine person. When her first day at her new job is an epic fail she comes back stronger than ever and ready to make a great impression.

Slowly Charlee begins to find her niche at work but she is struggling with her attraction to Rath and when she gets bad news she must decide if she is going to be able to make her grandma's dreams come true. Yet what will it cost her?

This was such an amazing read with some wonderful laughs and some other moments that bring out the kleenex!

I wasn't sure if I loved or hated Rath at the beginning of the book but I must say I was definitely leaning towards the hate side. When I put the pieces together at the beginning he was so mean yet at the same time I could see why he was a little annoyed with Charlee. Yet it goes back to everyone always being in a rush and not appreciating the little moments. Then everything on the first day was such a huge blow up that I was shocked how little patience he had and it was no wonder why he was going through the assistants so fast!

Charlee honestly made me laugh so much as she was so quirky and awkward with her love of stationary. She made me laugh so many times yet you also saw another side of her that made her change her whole life around for her grandma. I loved how caring she was yet she was also very insecure and hesitant to get in any relationship after being left at the altar.

One thing I loved was the progression of Charlee and Rath's relationship from pretty much enemies to so much more. Yet both of them had walls built around them due to their respective pasts that they each had to work on in order to let the other one in. It was such a slow process and it almost seemed like they didn't want the other to know that they were holding back yet they were.

I loved games night and it had me laughing so hard over the cannon. I loved these moments and I loved how they were scattered throughout the book.

I was so impressed with how much Rath was worried about Charlee's grandma and how he really wanted to make the two of them happy. I also loved how things began to change between them and they were so hot together and kinda cute too!

The stuff that happened at Bram's wedding was intense and heartbreaking. I had a feeling that Charlee was overthinking everything and I really felt bad for Rath as he was stuck. Everything that happened afterwards was totally shocking and my heart broke for Charlee as she felt so alone!

The end made my heart excited again as I was so happy that both Rath and Charlee decided to fight for what they believed in!!

Such a great ending!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment