Sunday, July 28, 2019

Healthy Mango Strawberry Smoothie

I am trying to get healthy again so I have incorporated morning smoothies back into our regime in hopes that this will help with getting our bodies back on track.  I know that this will be a huge undertaking to find out which smoothies are popular with each child and I really don't know if I am looking forward to this!

Part of the struggle is that the kids are definitely opposite on what is sweet enough for them and just willingness to try.

I believed this was going to be safe choice. Now a slight issue is that I am making this way before fruit is in season even though it is coming out at the height of fresh fruit. My bad! Anyhow, in my opinion the strawberries are not sweet enough yet and lack some flavour that you find in summer.

So the morning I made these I was missing two ingredients - almond milk and blueberries so I added skim milk instead and then I added a little bit of agave due to the berries not being sweet enough yet.

This worked great for the kids and it is one I will definitely make again!

https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Healthy-Mango-Strawberry-Smoothie-1120573?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=browse-email

No comments:

Post a Comment