Thursday, January 24, 2019

My review of Redemption by Monique Orgeron

Teddy Trahan has lived his life with hatred towards the Stern family after his father, Theo, was there for Catherine's boys more than he was for his wife and his son. Now that Catherine and Theo are married, Catherine wants Theo to be included in the family business and wants the girls to find a wife for him.

Dr. Ashlyn Martin works at the hospital and for her father's own practice. One night she agrees to help Catherine after an incident much to her father's dismay and she has agreed to work for the family in exchange for a place to live as well as getting paid. She is a single mom to Brooke after her husband Chris left her.

The chemistry between Teddy and Ashlyn is through the roof but neither are looking to settle down, especially with the other one. Yet Teddy is there to protect Ashlyn and Brooke and seems to always be around when needed.

Teddy is walking a fine line and who will get caught in the crossfire?

This is such a great book and I am so excited that Teddy got his own book!

Teddy was so hurt from the past and it is understandable why and that hurt slowly turned into hatred for the Stern family. Yet he still cared about his brother Zander and his father above all until he met Ashlyn and Brooke. I thought the hate Teddy had would lessen but I was so wrong!

Ashlyn was a great character and I loved how dedicated she was to Brooke. She knew she was walking a fine line working for Catherine and I was glad that she did what she wanted to although her father was so mad.

The chemistry between Ashlyn and Teddy was through the roof even though they both hated each other so much! Slowly a relationship began between the two but it wasn't one that either really wanted as Ashlyn still wanted someone else and Teddy was caught up in his plan for revenge.

I loved the scene in the hallway with Teddy and the girls running around! It made me laugh so hard!

I hated the scene between Chris and Ashlyn as I was so mad at Chris for doing what he did and the damage to Brooke. In a way I was happy as I knew what would be coming but at the same time I was so mad as a single parent!

I was so happy when Teddy finally put things together and focused on the right path although I was still freaking with what was going on. Things got super tense as everything came out in the open and I wasn't surprised with Catherine.

The end was great and I am so excited to see what is coming next in the series!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment