Thursday, August 30, 2018

My review of The Left Side of Perfect by Meghan Quinn

Colby Brooks is attending the wedding of one of his best friends, Stryder, to his ex-girlfried, Rory. He is a fighter pilot with the Air Force and is prepared to move at a moments notice for his career. Colby has not been in a relationship since Rory and is not really ready for anything serious.

Ryan Collier is one of Rory's best friends and a bridesmaid. Ryan has had battles with her self esteem for a long time but Rory has always been there for her.

When Rory and Colby meet up at the wedding sparks fly and the two find themselves hanging out together where one things lead to another.

But Colby is moving to a base in Las Vegas where he begins to move on with his life and a new relationship. When he sees Ryan again will the two be able to pick up the pieces or form a new friendship that can remain solid through it all?

This was such an amazing book that left me hanging and my heart broken due to some events.

It is so hard to write a review for this book without spoiling anything so I have to be brief!

I loved Colby and thought he was such a gentleman. He was so kind and caring and was definitely a perfect guy. I loved when he and Ryan first hung out and how comfortable he was with the things that she wanted to watch and it made me laugh! When he met Sage the two started off with a good friendship before things began to slowly progress into more.

Ryan was such an awesome character and my heart broke for what she went through growing up with her mom and how that affected her still. She had such personality and I loved that about her but she also really struggled with finding herself and constantly found herself with the wrong guy which was disappointing.

Sage was so sweet and I thought she was a wonderful character. She was the type of girl you wanted as a best friend and to hang out with since she was so inviting and friendly.

The friendship between Ryan and Colby was so solid but you knew that there wasn't anything that Ryan wouldn't do for Colby, no matter how much it hurt her. It broke my heart!

I absolutely loved the definition of "The Right Side of Perfect" and "The Left Side of Perfect" and it truly stayed with me for so long after I finished. It really made me think about my own life and how I want to live my own life!

The end of the book was so tough to read but I know I can't wait for the next one!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment