Monday, June 4, 2018

My review of Afternoon Delight by Piper Rayne

Chelsea Walsh works for Hannah Crowley as a marketing manager for RISE. She is trying to find Mr. Right but no one seems to be working out. When Chelsea drops off some papers to a tax attorney who has volunteered their time she is surprised to see Dean Bennett.

Dean Bennett is on a mission to get Chelsea to forgive him for the past. But convincing her to give him a second chance isn't going to be easy.

Will Chelsea forgive Dean for breaking her heart in the past and give him a chance to break it again?

This was a great book on trying to move on from the past when it is clear that you are not over the past.

I really liked Chelsea and thought she was a great character. It was obvious how much her heart had been broken by Dean in the past and I liked learning more about what happened between them and what went wrong. I was totally shocked by some aspects of what happened and I understood why she left.

Dean was clearly trying to shape up his life and better himself for Chelsea and I loved how he improved himself. It was clear he recognized some of his actions caused the demise of his relationship with Chelsea and he knew he couldn't try and win her back until he had his life in order.

The banter between the two was awesome and I loved watching them slowly reclaim what they had lost. It was interesting to see how her family reacted to everything and I know it was because they truly did care about her.

I was worried towards the end with the development and I sure hope everything works out ok and we get more in the next book with everything.

The end was awesome and I can't wait for the next book!! 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment