Sunday, July 17, 2022

Homemade Chicken and Dumplings

 There are some days when comfort food is needed and I was excited to give this recipe a try. As we have been going down to the US more lately I keep seeing dumplings on the recipe so I wanted to give this one a shot. 

This one is relatively easy to make - just remember to keep an eye on the roux when adding in the stock to make sure you are able to get the right consistency. 

I cooked up my chicken fresh and then saved some for other meals. I just diced it up so it wouldn't take very long to cook. I also skipped the peas as I personally hate them and then I unfortunately missed the bay leaf as my package had gone missing.

This was a great meal and I loved eating the leftovers! 

You can find the recipe here: https://www.browneyedbaker.com/chicken-and-dumplings/




No comments:

Post a Comment