Sunday, May 29, 2022

Bacon Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Kebabs and Double Stuffed Taco Potatoes

 I had this on the menu but when it came time to make it we were in an absolute downpour and there was no way any of us were going to go outside and BBQ the chicken. So I made some changes and totally winged it.

I love the bourbon taste so as soon as I saw bacon and bourbon I knew that it had to be made. I made the BBQ sauce but I didn't add in the raw bacon as I was honestly confused on whether I was supposed to add raw bacon or cook it ahead of the time for the sauce. It never said so I decided to skip that and therefore I just made it in a bowl and didn't use a blender.

For the chicken and bacon - I diced both of them up and threw them in a pan to cook. I didn't add an oil as I knew that the bacon would create enough juice to cook everything in. When I could see that everything was pretty much cooked I threw in the BBQ sauce and mixed it all up and let it cook longer.

With the potatoes you have to read the recipe ahead of time as the potatoes need to bake for an hour before you even get started. I threw them in the oven way before I planned to eat dinner. I followed the ground beef directions as directed and everything was super easy. When the potatoes were done I scooped out the middle which does take awhile. Then mixed everything back up with the milk and then stuffed the potatoes. We threw on some cheese and got them back in the oven.

Both the chicken and the potatoes turned out great and it was a very filling meal! The chicken didn't look beautiful but it definitely tasted great!    

You can find the chicken here: http://www.hormelfoodsrecipes.com/recipes/details/8030/bacon-bourbon-barbeque-chicken-kebabs.aspx

Potatoes: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/double-stuffed-taco-potatoes-and-a-giveaway/





No comments:

Post a Comment