Thursday, January 14, 2021

My review of Never Got Over You by S.L. Scott

 

Natalie St. James has never gotten over the night where she met Nick in Catalina. The only problem is that she never got a last name or a phone number but he has constantly stayed on her mind since then.

Nick Christianson attends Stanford Law and is following the course set out by his parents but a weekend away in Catalina with his best friend Harrison leads him to the girl of his dreams but he forgot to get a phone number and all he knows is that she lives in New York.

When a chance meeting on the streets of New York brings Natalie and Nick together again will they be able to hold onto the magic from Catalina or will living on different sides of the United States tear them apart? When unknown variables come into play will Nick be able to hold onto Natalie?

This was another amazing book from the author and she writes books that just suck me in and I never want to let go.

Both Natalie and Nick came from well off families which had certain implications regarding their futures. Natalie wanted to start her own company but had taken out a loan which she had to pay back and prove her company was viable. Nick on the other hand had to work for his families company and do what was expected of him. He was the lawyer for the company but didn’t get involved in other things.

I loved Natalie’s friendship with Tatum and how Tatum was almost a voice of reason with her. There were several times where I just wanted to hug Tatum for pushing Natalie when she needed to be pushed. I loved that Natalie wanted to be successful but she still seemed to be losing a little of her joy when it came to her job.

I absolutely loved when Nick and Natalie ran back into each other with “The Chad”. It made me laugh so hard!! I loved how hard Nick wanted to make things work long distance as he knew that Natalie was the one for him.

At a certain point Nick realizes the big picture of everything and how his and Natalies’ lives are already entwined but before he can say anything tragedy strikes and everything is completely blown out of proportion before Nick can explain anything and Nick loses Natalie. I truly admired Nick for not giving up right away and I’m glad that Tatum heard him out.

I loved how Natalie’s dad was able to tell her the truth about everything that went down and how it made Natalie realize what she needed to hear and what she already knew about her own heart.

The end was so awesome and I loved both the coffee shop and revolving door!! My heart fully recovered with those two scenes!!

The very end was awesome and I loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment