Thursday, January 28, 2021

My review of Overachiever (Slumming It Book 2) S. M. Shade

 Remee Shaw's academic career is right on track but she is told by the academic advisor that she needs to get some volunteer experience so she decides to spend her summer in Florida with Building Hope.

Owen Wright has had a crush on Remee for a long time and when he hears that she is headed to Florida he also applies but is doing so for the financial grant that the experience provides.

As Owen and Remee spend the summer together a series of events lead Remee to questioning everything she believes in about love, relationship and what she really wants in her life.

This is another outstanding book by the author that had me laughing out loud so many times and trying hard not to explain to my 13 year old son what is so funny. 

I love characters like Remee that are set on their future and keeping to their goals but with Remee I had no clue until a certain point why she was so set in her ways. Then my heart truly broke for her as the stuff she had been fed was so ridiculous. Everything in the book is going great until the dream and then everything gets insanely hotter!!! I laughed so hard and knew it was going to change everything.

Owen was so awesome and I loved that he had feelings for Remee but kept them in until he knew he had to protect her from another character. He also kept everything from her as he knew that having feelings for her would ruin any chance at continuing what began after the dream. 

The chemistry between the two of them was so hot and I loved how they just clicked so well! 

The scene with the bath bomb was so funny and I was laughing so hard but I can only imagine how freaked out Owen was when he saw what he thought he was seeing! 

The part with the unexpected visitors was absolutely amazing but then everything turned upside down and my heart completely broke for Owen and I couldn't understand what Remee was so afraid of but then everything became clear when she back home and we saw her relationship with her mom. I loved Rachel and how we saw that she overcame everything with Colby and what truly mattered. Remee learned so much from Rachel and it made me so happy and I'm glad that Owen was able to get in there at the right time. 

I was absolutely shocked at what Remee's dad did and I was super proud of how Remee came to terms with everything but how everything was able to come change for the better! 

The very end was awesome and I can't wait to see what happens with Zara and Marty!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment