Thursday, January 21, 2021

My review of Besotted by Rebecca Sharp

 Eve Williams works at Roasters and teaches yoga to the ladies at Bloom. She dreams of opening her own studio one day and has even found the perfect location for it. She is saving herself for the perfect man but unfortunately her heart is set on the completely wrong guy.

Miles Madison owns Madison Construction with his twin brother Mick. He is a known ladies man and stays as far away from commitment as he can after getting his heart broken in the past. He doesn't believe in forever even though all of his friends have found perfect women to settle down with. 

There is a huge attraction between Miles and Eve but with both wanting completely different things do they have a chance or will both of their hearts end up shattered?

This is another amazing book in this series and I loved Eve so much!! I was pretty mad at Miles at the beginning of the book but he slowly worked his way into my heart.

Eve was independent and knew what she wanted for her life and was willing to work hard to get it. Unfortunately there was nothing she could do about Miles who was willing to go out with anyone but her because she was looking for commitment. There was also something going on behind the scenes with Eve's sister with events from her past that nobody wanted Eve to know about.  I wondered if that was going to come into play at all or perhaps wait for a new book. 

Miles was a ladies man who obviously got really burned in the past to become so bitter and cynical towards love and commitment.  I hated how he almost rubbed his conquests in Eve's face because she chose not to have one noight with him when he offered. Yet he also couldn't take his mind off of her which showed that there was a chance for them! 

One of my favorite scenes towards the beginning of the book was when Eve was teaching her yoga class on the beach and they spot Miles. Then when Eve decides to do the same thing the results made me laugh with Kona and then they got pretty hot and heavy!! 

When Eve changed her mind about certain things I loved the change we saw in Miles as well. Miles seemed to truly appreciate Eve and was ahppy about the way things were progressing. I loved what he planned to do with Eve's dreams and how he wanted to help them come true and did things on his own. 

In the background of the book there was mention about some unsavory things happening and I wondered if it had to do with the past of Eve's sister or if it was a bit of a premonition about what was coming. 

The huge fight between Miles and Eve was expected especially after you learn about Mile's past. I was freaking as I knew Miles wouldn't take Eve's news very well at all. Then as soon as Eve saw Cammie I knew things were about to take a drastic turn. My heart really broke for Eve as I knew she was strong enough to get through but with her heart broken I was hoping she was still prepared to fight. I knew Miles would get there but I was laughing at how he did. I was grateful he was able to get her to safety and then I was a little worried momentarily! 

I was so happy when Miles finally smartened up and confessed how he felt! The very end was so awesome as was the epilogue!!

I can't wait for more!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment