Thursday, July 23, 2020

My review of Forsaken by Gabrielle G.

Salome Gritt is a wedding planner and has been in love with her older brother's best friend, Chris Harbor for as long as she can remember. But Salome has never made a move on him and when her best friend, Jordan, decides to go after Chris for himself Salome stays on the outside and slowly loses both Jordan and Chris.

Chris Harbor has always been close with Salome but when he begins dating Jordan he loses touch with Salome, choosing Jordan over her. Chris has always been extremely close with the Gritt family and they are not happy with how he has treated Salome since being with Jordan.

Then in an instant everything changes and now Chris finds himself relying on Salome to make it through. Will Salome finally get everything she has wanted or has it all changed too much?

This was a really good book filled with a lot of difficult moments and tough situations. This was the first book I have read and I think I would have liked to read the first one beforehand just to get more information on the pasts of certain characters as there were a few puzzling relationships.

I thought Salome was a great character who put everyone's needs ahead of her own. I was so mad when she said it was ok for Jordan to go for Chris when he knew how much she wanted him. From that moment on I hated Jordan as he took Salome's friendship with both himself and Chris away from her.

Chris was a little more confusing as it seemed like he had feelings for Salome all along but then he went ahead with dating Jordan and more. Chris was so close to the Gritt family and at times I wondered who was more part of the family as Salome really seemed like an outsider.

When things take a huge turn for the worse I knew that Salome would still be there for Chris but I wondered if she would give herself the time she needed. As things went up and down between them I felt like Salome was losing herself and everyone else seemed to be making the decisions that impacted her. I was so mad at Chris for leaving as he got to escape while Salome didn't.

Dex was like some kind of guy with ESP or super power to know what everyone needed and I think I definitely need more on him. Whenever something was wrong with Salome he knew and also knew exactly what to do. I loved how much he took care of her as her brother-in-law but I hated the way that his hubby/partner Aaron treated his own sister.

I was glad when Chris finally figured out what he wanted/needed but then when he leaves again I was so mad. I knew why but at the same time I was so mad as he once again was making all the choices and decisions that impacted Salome.

The end was good and I was glad the way everything worked but it was a little bit of a frustration in getting there!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment