Friday, July 24, 2020

My review of Boy #1: The Wannabe Rockstar by Penny Sixsmith

Cassie St. John has just been dumped by her cheating ex-boyfriend on Valentine's Day and she has made a decision that she is not going to ever get another boyfriend again!!

But when an altercation with the hot next door neighbor leads to some great sex she is left wondering if she can have the sex without all of the complications.

When a job leads her to meet another good looking guy she is left wondering who and what she really wants.

Can Cassie have everything she wants or is she likely to lose it all?

I really enjoyed this book and it was a lot of fun banter back and forth that really make you question whether no string relationships actually work.

I liked Cassie and knew exactly why she wanted something with no strings but she had a weird magnetic pull with her next door neighbor, Micah Gannis. Micah was a local "rockstar" which Cassie had no clue about but the chemistry between them sexually was through the roof!!

Yet at the same time it was like Cassie and Micah hated each other and I was blown away by how childish Micah could be when things didn't go away and I hated how he would torment Cassie with certain things.

When Cassie meets Joshua Cavitt when planning an event she is drawn to him but is still unsure of what is happening with Micah. I was happy when she gave Josh a chance as I was still unsure if Micah was mentally ready for a serious relationship.

Towards the end of the book I felt so bad for Cassie when she is honest about everything! I was so proud of her for choosing the right job opportunity and at the very end I was happy with what happened!

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment