Thursday, December 5, 2019

My review of The Line-Up by Meghan Quinn

Jason Orson is a baseball catcher who has just been traded to his hometown but the only problem is that is isn't the tea he grew up cheering for. As he tries to raise money for his charity, The Line-Up he offers a date with him and someone wins it with buying a huge amount of tickets and now he wants to make the date come true.

Dorothy "Dottie" Domico belongs in the boardroom and helps run her family's Real Estate business but when her assistant accidentally gives money to the wrong charity she has no desire to receive the prize. Dottie has had her eyes on Jason since college but has no desire to get any closer to him than necessary and that means avoiding the date at all costs.

But soon Dottie discovers that business and pleasure can sometimes be a necessity and how far is Dottie willing to go to get ahead in the job?

This is another amazing book filled with so many laughs and other times so many jaw dropping moments that left me wanting more and more. I couldn't put the book down!! I must say also that I was reading the book during a day where I was really struggling with some stuff that happened and this book completely changed my mood and really made me reflect on the power of books. Thank you so much to the author for really unknowingly helping me through a very difficult day.

I loved Jason and his cooking and sensitive side. He is definitely what I have been missing in my life and I would try his potato salad anytime!! I really liked how he had to come to terms with the baseball team that he was on given that he grew up worshiping the other team and this was something completely new for him. I loved his talks with Knox and Carson and their friendship was so awesome!

Dottie was a little bit of a mixed bag for me. I loved how determined she was to succeed with her job but she also let her job control her life. Her friendships with Emory and Lindsay were great and I loved all of the messages that were sent and all of the honesty between them. I was so mad at Dottie for what she did to Jason at the office when he was just trying to be nice.

There were so many moments that made me laugh so hard like Jason and the bear. That was such a good scene!! Then the interactions between Dottie and Jason after Dottie was texting with Lindsay were also so good!

I knew when Dottie did what she could with the Carlton's that things would eventually get revealed but I wasn't sure how everything was going to happen. I wasn't actually very happy with the Carltons when all was said and done with what they were basing their decisions on and how it was apparent that anyone would do what they could to secure the contract.

The blow up was huge and epic and I understood why Jason was so mad and I was curious to see what Dottie was going to do. I was so proud of Dottie for speaking the truth but she lost so much for being honest.

I was curious to see how long things would take to get resolved and I was definitely surprised at Dottie's actions and where she ended up.

The very end was awesome and I want more of these characters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment