Monday, December 9, 2019

My review of Audition by Skye Warren

Bethany Lewis is a ballerina in the production of Olivia Twist and prides herself on living on her own, even if her apartment is tiny and she has to share a common bathroom with other tenants. Lately she has been receiving threatening letters and she is unsure if they are linked to her brother Caleb, a known criminal.

Joshua North works for North Security and grew up as a friend of Caleb's but the two drifted apart after events in the past. He will do whatever he can to protect Bethany and the first thing is to get her out of her unsafe home.

As Bethany and Joshua begun to get closer will Joshua cross the line with his "client"? Can both of them overcome their pasts to find a future together before they run out of time?

This was a really good book and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

I liked the pride that Bethany had for trying to make it on her own even though she wasn't able to afford much. Yet at the same time I felt horrible for how unsafe her place was and how dangerous it really was for her to live there. Yet she was following her passion with dancing although her boss, Landon, was such a jerk.

Joshua was much more complex as you knew he had genuine feelings for Bethany but at the same time he tried to keep a distance from her which made him a bit of a jerk. I knew he was doing his job but he really cared about her and kept pushing her away. I never knew if it was just because of his job or because of their connected past.

I had my ideas about who was behind things but I was wrong and I then understood how everything was connected. I was sad that Joshua broke Bethany's heart after everything that happened and she definitely deserved better at that moment.

I was happy that Joshua really realized what he did and how he made steps at turning everything around.  I was super happy for Bethany and Marlene at the end of the book and how they followed their own dreams! 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment